2018 Recap: First year blogging + a year of self-discovery
On January 15th of this year, I took a leap of faith and started blogging. I put myself out there and got to write, create and be authentically ME- something that was clearly missing in my life at the time.
Outside of blogging and the partnerships, I met some incredible people throughout this year and have been supported by some phenomenal friends and family members. My family is very close and we have lots of traditions that we upheld this year. I love that I got to spend so much time with them for various occasions!
I formed a close-knit circle of boss-babe girlfriends who inspire me each day. It’s so satisfying when you can truly be yourself around a group of people, so I’m extremely grateful that my friends put up with my quirky self!
Other major highlights from this year:
- Basically everything on my Summer Bucket List
- Going to Disney World with Roosevelt
- Attending my first Chicago Pride Parade
- Concerts: Beyonce & Jay-Z, Janet Jackson, Essence Festival, The Internet
- Celebrating 5 years together with Roosevelt
- Seeing my cousin Camielle and my sorority sister Adrienne get married
- Getting promoted at my job
Here are some of the highlights of #WhatIAte in 2018!:
So much can change in a year! While things may not happen exactly when you want them to, God really does have perfect timing. I’m so grateful for 2018, and I’m so excited about what’s to come in 2019!