Checking In On My Summer Bucket List
Can you believe that it’s AUGUST?! This Summer has flown by. That said, I’ve been pretty busy these past couple of months. I wanted to share how I’m doing with my Summer Bucket List (original post here):
1. Visit the beach - a big group of us spent a day at North Ave beach, and it was a perfect day! We started with brunch at Shore Club Chicago (check out that post!).
2. Be a bridesmaid in my cousin Camielle's wedding - The wedding was beautiful! I'm still so grateful that Camielle chose me to be a part of her special day.
3. Attend the Essence Festival for the fourth year in a row (check out my post about it!)
4. Get on the water - This was definitely one of my top 5 favorite days of the Summer. Some of my closest friends came in town for the weekend and they joined a group of my dear Chicago friends for a boat party on Lake Michigan!
5. Go to my family reunion in Arkansas - Those of you that know me know that Family is extremely important to me. It was great getting to spend time with the family I've known my entire life, and also with family members that I met for the first time!
6. Watch the fireworks at Navy Pier - A must-do in Chicago during the Summer.
7. Read a book by the pool - I read The Handmaid's Tale!
- Go to at least 5 street festivals in Chicago (I need one more!)
- Go to an outdoor concert
- Go to an indoor concert
- Ride a Divvy bike alongside the Lake
- Go to a Cubs game
- Eat Italian Ice
- Eat alongside the water at the Chicago Riverwalk
- Walk and eat along the 606
As you can see, I still have a lot to accomplish before the Summer is over. That said, I have been busy these past couple of months with things that weren’t even on this list! I’ll do one more check in at the end of August. How is your Summer going so far? Let me know in the comments!
<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19580231/?claim=gr7jq5qm26d">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>